1. HOW DOES THE GROW OUT CONTEST WORK?
Participants will purchase koi from our selection of 100 high-quality tosai Kohaku, which have been hand-selected by Torazo san. GC Koi Farm will ship the purchased koi to all the participants for grow out. At the end of the contest period, participants will submit 1 to 3 photos of their koi, along with the koi's size, to us for judging.
2. WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
All koi hobbyists within the 50 states of the US. Sorry, we do not ship to Puerto Rico and other US territories.
3. WHAT ARE THE PRIZES?
Champion: The winner will be awarded a Free Koi Trip to Japan (7-10 days), including airfare, accommodation, meals, and transportation. Koi purchase during the trip is not included. Or you can opt for $2000 store gift card that can be used to purchase anything on our website and has no expiration date.
Reserved Champion A: $1000 store gift card
Reserved Champion B: $500 store gift card
4. WHO WILL BE THE JUDGE?
Kawakami Torazo san, the owner of Torazo Urakawa Koi Farm, will be the judge of the contest. Torazo san will consider factors such as body shape, skin quality and growth rate in his evaluation. Participants agree that Torazo san's decision will be considered final.
5. WHEN DOES THE CONTEST START AND END?
The contest will begin on April 18th and end on September 18th.
6. WHEN CAN I PURCHASE, AND WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY KOI?
Koi will be available to purchase online at 9am Pacific Time on April 2nd and you can preview the koi on our YouTube channel @gckoifarm now. To be fair to all participants, we will ship all the koi on the same date, April 17th, via UPS Next Day Air for arrival on April 18th. If you are not available to receive your koi on that day, we can reschedule for a later date. However, no koi in this contest will be shipped or pick up prior to April 18th.
7. HOW MUCH PER KOI? CAN I PURCHASE MULTIPLE KOI? HOW MUCH IS SHIPPING?
Each koi is priced at $450 and come with individual certificate. You can purchase as many koi as you wish. Shipping starts at $55 via UPS Overnight Shipping directly to your door with live arrival guarantee. For this contest, if your koi is death on arrival, we will replace it with another similar koi at our discretion.
8. HOW DO I SUBMIT PHOTOS AT THE END OF THE CONTEST?
You can email us at email@example.com, or upload them to our website. A link for uploading will send to all participants.
9. ARE THERE ANY REQUIREMENT FOR KOI PHOTOS SUBMISSION?
You can submit any photos of your koi as desired. However, for Torazo san to fairly judge your koi, your photos should be clear and of high quality, with the koi's features and characteristics easily visible in a clear background, preferably blue. The photo should be taken in good lighting conditions, preferably in natural light, without any flash or glare that could distort the koi's colors or pattern, and in a standard format, such as JPEG or PNG.
Your submitted photo(s) must be unedited with no alterations or enhancements made to the koi's appearance, colors, or pattern. Any manipulation or editing of the photo may result in disqualification.
10. WHEN IS THE LAST DATE TO SUBMIT PHOTO?
If you feel your koi is ready, you can submit photo(s) anytime prior to September 18th. However, the last date to submit is September 18th. Any submissions received after that day will be disqualified.
11. WHEN AND HOW LONG IS THE KOI TRIP?
The trip will be 7-10 days and take place between October 15th to November 15th (depending on breeders harvest time). The exact date and duration will be announced along with the winners.
12. WHAT IF I WIN AND UNABLE TO GO?
You can opt for the $2000 gift card prize. If, for any reason, the winner is unable to go after we purchased the ticker, then the prize will be forfeited.
13. CAN I BUY KOI DURING THE TRIP?
Of course you can. During the trip, you will have the opportunity to visit top koi breeders, select and purchase high-quality koi, and learn more about koi care and breeding. Any koi that you purchase during the trip will incur 20% commission payable to GC Koi.
14. CAN I BRING A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER?
Unfortunately, the Champion prize is for 1 person only.
15. IS THRER ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW?
- You must be 18 and have a valid passport.
- You agree to follow our itinerary, which will be from LAX to Tokyo then to Niigata. You are responsible for any travel cost to and from your house to LAX.
- You agree to provide us with your personal information such as passport number and/or ID in order for us to book your airfare and accommodations.
- A signed liability waiver is required before the trip.
- GC Koi Farm reserves the right to disqualify any participant who violates the rules and terms of the contest.
- Winner of the Free Japan Trip must decide by October 1st. Airline tickets will not be book after that.